For a double shot you will need: Espresso machine (we like the Musica), 16g espresso, a tamper, a grinder, a knock out box, a tamp mat.
- Wipe out the brew basket – keep it clean and dry kids!
- Dose your espresso (grind to extra fine).
- Tamp the coffee with even pressure and twist to finish (grounds should be flat and level).
- Rinse the group head and wait for water to stop dripping.
- Insert the group handle and press button for double shot.
- Perfect espresso should pour slowly and evenly.
- Extraction should take 23-27 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Remember to empty the portafilter in the knock out box immediately after serving. Dirty machine = dirty tasting coffee!