To make around 4 cups you will need: A Chemex, 60g coffee, 1 litre of fresh filtered water, a pouring kettle, filter paper, a grinder, a paddle, scales.
- Boil the kettle and measure the coffee (grind to medium/fine).
- Place filter paper in the Chemex (3 folds facing spout).
- Wet filter paper with hot water and discard extra water.
- Pour coffee into filter and shake to level grounds.
- Make a crater in the centre of the coffee (with the paddle not your fingers!).
- Saturate the grounds with 100g of water (never pouring down the filter edges).
- After the ‘bloom’ continue to slowly spiral pour in the remaining 900g of water (keep the water level consistent – this may require multiple pours).
- Allow the coffee to finish brewing (1-2 minutes) then discard the filter.
- Serve, share and enjoy!