To make 3 cups you will need: A cafetiere, 45g coffee, 750ml fresh filtered water, a grinder, a paddle, scales.
- Boil the kettle and add hot water to the cafetiere (cold cafetiere = cold coffee!)
- Measure coffee; grind to medium/coarse.
- Discard the hot water from the cafetiere.
- Add the coffee and pour in 50ml of water.
- Agitate the coffee with the paddle then let it stand for 30 seconds.
- Pour in 700ml of water then stir.
- Place lid on top and wait 4 minutes.
- Remove the grounds with two spoons (otherwise the coffee tastes bitter!).
- Replace the lid and plunge slowly.
- Serve, share and enjoy!